Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunburn





My editorial comment on the Chicago Sun Times outrageous action earlier this summer -- and my entry into the Scavenger Photography Hunt International Competition in the "Sunburn" category. I was very pleased to receive an "honorable mention" award for this photo.

Photographed with a Canon 5D Mark III, 24 to 105mm lens @ 67mm, 1/250, f-14, iso 100. I made the "tabloid" page in photoshop based on a news story and slide show done by CNN for their website. I placed each of the portraits taken by Brian Powers into a grid formation, then added the banner and headlines. My thanks to Virg Otto for "posing" for this shot. He is holding the camera lens and focusing the sunlight onto the tabloid page in order to set it on fire. This required quite a bit of patience from him, but he was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!