Thursday, September 12, 2013

Watermelon





The fifth day of judging is complete for the Photography Scavenger Hunt International Competition. The theme for the day was "Watermelon." This photo was my entry and I was very pleased to receive another "Honorable Mention" for it.

I used two flash strobes, aimed at white reflector board that served as the background. For front lighting, I used a silver reflector positioned just above the camera. I suspended the slice of watermelon by screwing two eyelet screws into the rind then attaching fishing line that was tied to the ceiling grid support. I carefully positioned the fork in order to catch the light off the background.

After taking the shot of the watermelon slice, I took a second photo of a spray of liquid from a water bottle. I used the same lighting set up as with the first exposure.

In post-processing, I combined the two photos, positioning the spray of liquid at the point where the fork entered into the watermelon.

Canon 5D Mark III with a 24 to 105mmm lens @ 60mm; f10, 1/125, iso 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!